This past weekend Michigan Tech welcomed many new faces to campus! Each year our school hosts Preview Day, an event for accepted Michigan Tech students and their families. Students are invited to check out campus and see what we have to offer. Current students volunteer to meet incoming students—this is one of my favorite events! It is great to see new faces and share all of my incredible experiences with those considering making Tech their home for the future. Preview Day was held Saturday, March 24, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
During Preview Day, students and parents had the chance to attend informational sessions about academics, co-ops and internships, housing and residential life, financial aid, scholarships, and much more. Not only do they get to learn about what campus has to offer, but they have the chance to sit down and talk with faculty, staff, and current students.
Here is a recap of the great events offered:
- Campus tours: Current students filled in perspective students about life at Tech and answered questions as they escorted families on a tour of campus.
- University welcome: Families were welcomed to join our outstanding students and one of our dynamic faculty members in sharing some of the distinctive reasons why Michigan Tech students stand apart from others.
- Information sessions for students and parents: Parents and students chose from a variety of 45-minute information sessions focusing on academics, financial aid and scholarships, study-abroad programs, student life, and more.
- Residence hall tours: Students and parents explored our three residence halls with a current student as their guide. They were able to see student rooms, dining rooms, lounges, study areas, and more.
- Academic department tours: Students and parents met with faculty members, academic advisors, and current students during a visit to an academic department. They had the opportunity to check out labs and classrooms and learn about undergraduate research opportunities.
Students were also able to stop by the Michigan Tech Showcase, Enterprise Showcase, Academic Office, and Financial Aid Office. Overall, this weekend seemed to be a great success! I hope that some of you were here and were able to enjoy what Michigan Tech has to offer you and your student.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Samantha Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org